One of the most mysterious sodas is Mist Twist Soda.
I had heard of the name but had no idea what it tasted like or what to expect.
Here, I will tell you about mist twist soda, its ingredients, merits and demerits, its previous and present name, and more.
What Is Mist Twist Soda?
Mist Twist Soda is a soft drink launched by PepsiCo, a renowned brand name.
Mist Twist is trendy in the USA, Canada, and some other western countries of the world.
The soda contains a Lemon-Lime flavor and is a refreshing, crispy, and caffeine-free drink.
The drink is known to be very refreshing and has even been dubbed invigorating.
The manufacturer has used many ingredients to make this lemon-lime soda, chosen with extra care.
- Calcium disodium EDTA
- Ascorbic acid
- Potassium citrate
- Potassium benzoate
- Natural flavors
- Citric acid
- And Carbonated water
Mist Twist Soda was initially sweetened with high fructose corn syrup, but now the manufacturer uses acesulfame, potassium, and aspartame.
Why Do People Like Mist Twist Soda?
People like the soda because of its refreshing and bubbly lemon-lime flavor.
The drink is ideal for on-the-go and daily entertainment and perfect for boosting office morale, impressing guests, and spending pleasurable time with near and dear ones.
The flavor is so refreshing, and you will get a splash of drinking real juice.
And being a caffeine-free product, anyone can drink it and enjoy a pleasurable time with friends and family members.
Some Good Sides Of Mist Twist Soda
Many specialists commonly say soda is harmful to health, so people should avoid these types of drinks.
They are also full of sugar, potentially leading to health issues and diseases.
But we have researched a lot and found some benefits.
Let’s look at them at a glance:
- Good for stomach aches: Many studies have shown that the carbonated water in mist twist soda is highly efficient for easing stomach aches. Besides, this
- drink reportedly works well against indigestion and nausea.
- Keeps your body hydrated: This lemon-lime flavor soda keeps you hydrated if you drink it systematically, though regular water is more helpful in this regard.
- However, some people demand that this soda is responsible for dehydration, but their idea may be entirely wrong. Many studies have already proved that sodas with carbonated water keep the body hydrated, as standard water does.
Disadvantages of Mist Twist
The disadvantages of drinking mist twist soda are more than its advantages.
Many studies show that this soft drink is responsible for several fatal diseases and some other health issues.
Please, go through the following lines if you want to know them properly.
- Gaining Weight: If you are a health-conscious person, you should know that sugar is responsible for weight gain. When you drink mist twist, you consume a good amount of sugar.
- What if you drink it continuously over time?
- Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: Drinking an excessive amount of soda may cause insulin resistance in your body that causes metabolic syndrome. Apart from that, it decreases the hormone insulin. This insulin keeps your blood stay fresh by removing excess sugar.
- You need to know that metabolic syndrome enhances the risk of type 2 diabetes. So avoiding too much consumption can be a better option for you.
- Sugar Addiction: Consuming sugary drinks may lead to carbohydrate addiction. It frequently happens to people with other types of addiction, such as alcohol intake, drug-abusing, etc.
- Heart Disease: The possibility of heart diseases may increase due to an excessive amount of soda. It has sweetening ingredients that are known to be directly connected to high cholesterol and high blood pressure, and as a result, one may suffer from heart diseases.
- Other fatal diseases: Mist twist soda can also lead to other fatal diseases, such as dementia, gout, cancer, tooth decay, and the like. That is why you should avoid excessive consumption of the drink. It does not mean that you cannot intake it; a small amount can be okay. All good things in moderation, as they say. In this regard, you can also consult a dietitian to get the best result.
So What Happened to Sierra Mist?
Yes, the mist twist is the same as Sierra mist soda, but it did not be the mist twist overnight; there is a short story behind this changed name.
In 1998, PepsiCo introduced some sodas that contained lemon-lime flavor by applying a formula named storm.
Later, it included another formula known as Teem, made in 1960, but the manufacturer stopped using it in 1984.
In 1999, the company wanted to change the product’s name and started researching the matter involving two thousand people based on one thousand names.
Finally, they fixed on Sierra Mist as the changed name. In 2000, they launched a new Diet Sierra Mist formation, renamed Sierra Mist Free in 2005.
But the manufacturer intended to add natural ingredients with the formula of Sierra Mist and was renamed Sierra Mist Natural in 2010.
Firstly, they used high fructose corn syrup to sweeten the drink but later started using sucrose with the sierra mist natural.
This time, they also added Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, potassium citrate, natural flavor, citric acid, and carbonated water with the previous formula.
PepsiCo started adding an adjunctive sweetener named Stevia with the Sierra mist natural in 2014, and in 2015, the company decided to rename the product for an unknown reason.
Finally, they officially changed the name to Mist Twist Soda in March 2016. And hence, Sierra Mist discontinued.
Does Sierra Mist Have Caffeine
As a soft drink researcher, thousands of mist twist lovers frequently ask me whether the drink contains any amount of caffeine.
Honestly, it doesn’t have any.
This one is light and refreshing, containing a lemon-lime flavor.
The components include calcium disodium EDTA, ascorbic acid, potassium citrate, potassium benzoate, natural flavors, citric acid, and carbonated water.
Whether you are a beginner or a daily consumer, it doesn’t matter; you can drink it without thinking twice if you are worried about caffeine.
My Verdict: Should We Avoid Mist Twist Soda?
Whether you should continue sierra mist or not varies from person to person.
But here, I will tell you my opinion.
In this article, I have already shown you the merits and demerits of intaking this soda.
Though its demerits are more than the merits, it can be continued if you take it moderately.
Remember, excessive intake of any drink can be harmful to your body.
o, it would be best if you thought reasonably and not get addicted.
You know that sugar is harmful to health, so you should avoid it as much as possible.
In that case, you can try Diet Sierra Mist to stay away from the detrimental effects of sugar.
Like a sugar-free orangeade, this one will lessen the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart diseases even if you take it more than once a day.
Has Sierra Mist Been Discontinued 2021?
So, is sierra mist discontinued?
No, Sierra Mist is still found in the market like before.
In 1999, PepsiCo introduced it, but in 2016, they renamed it Mist Twist.
After two years, in 2018, the soda changed back to Sierra Mist again and is still dominating the market as one of the best sodas.
Is Sierra Mist a slice?
Ans: No, Sierra Mist is different from the slice.
During the 1980s, Pepsi launched slice but later began to produce Sierra Mist and stopped producing slice.
What are the healthiest sodas?
Ans: You will get a variety of sodas on the market having different types of ingredients.
But not all of them are healthy.
After researching for hours, we have found the following sodas as the healthiest ones.
Let’s have a look:
- Pepper Cherry
- Pepper Diet
- Coke Zero Diet
- Diet Mountain Dew.
How many calories are in Sierra Mist?
Ans: Sierra Mist is a soda containing a Lemon-lime flavor.
It doesn’t have fat, protein, or caffeine.
After taking it to a lab, we found that the drink has 150 calories and 39g of carbs.
I’m the owner and blogger here at SodaPopCraft.Com. I’m a soft drinks enthusiast and I’m bringing you all I know and research from the world of Soda Pop & Kombucha soft drinks.
I hope it inspires you to make your own healthier fizzy drinks at home.
Read more About Me here