Kiwi is a small fruit with green skin with juicy freshness, but don’t let the size deceive you.
This fruit packs a lot of nutritional benefits as it contains plenty of nutrients and minerals.
So, if you want to maintain optimal health, you may want to start drinking kiwi water. but are kiwis good for you?
In terms of nutrition, kiwi is a superb source of the following minerals and nutrients:
- Vitamin C, K, and E
- Dietary fiber
This article will discuss the health benefits of kiwi water to your body and whether is kiwi good for you or not.
We’ve also addressed the function of the above minerals and nutrients in your body.
And if you are looking for good detoxing fruit, then green kiwi is your best option.
You’ll also get to learn the different fruits or citrus fruits you can pair up with kiwifruit to make kiwi water and the allergy symptoms of this juicy and nutritious fruit.
So, what are you waiting for? Get buying and make your kiwi water. To know more about what are kiwis good for, keep reading the article.
What are the Benefits of Kiwi Water?
Kiwi is a short name for kiwifruit.
This nutritious fruit is from the Actinidia family and grows on woody vines.
Kiwifruit originates from Eastern China and is primarily grown in New Zealand.
Kiwifruit is oval, and its size is roughly the same as that of a chicken egg.
It has fibrous green skin coated by a light fuzz, but don’t let its outside appearance deter you from devouring this yummy berry.
This delicious fruit has a pleasing texture upon touching, and when you cut, you get to see tiny black seeds that make you want to take a bite.
Upon biting, your tastebuds will be hit by a sweet, tart, and bold taste, making green kiwis an excellent addition to your healthy diet.
The good thing about kiwifruit seeds is that they are small and delicate and can be chewed.
Is it okay to eat the skin of kiwi fruit? Yes, it adds flavor and more fiber content.
Kiwifruit has high dietary fiber content, antioxidants, and vitamin C, suitable for your immunity, digestive, and heart health.
Following are some Kiwi water benefits.
● Immune System Support
Kiwifruit contains plenty of Vitamin C, which is responsible for your body’s immunity.
A single kiwi has approximately 230% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C. Although, gold kiwis are an excellent source of potassium and vitamin K.
Therefore, when you take kiwifruit, and you provide your body with a load of immune-boosting nutrients.
Kiwifruit also has antioxidant properties, which help eliminate free radicals in your body while reducing oxidative stress.
Thus, protecting your body from inflammation and other diseases like reducing the risk of heart disease.
Vitamin C is also responsible for improving your skin and keeping you looking beautiful and young.
● Weight Loss
Kiwifruit has a high fiber content and low glycemic index, so it does not encourage your body to store fats.
● Blood Sugar Regulation
Kiwi is good for promoting heart health as it has properties that help in lowering blood pressure.
When your blood pressure is regulated and you have a healthy dose of vitamin C, the chances of suffering from stroke or heart disease are minimized.
Also, the high potassium level in kiwi fruits helps counter the effects of sodium, thus lowering your blood pressure.
● Heart Health
The high amount of dietary fiber content helps in reducing risk factors of heart disease by lowering bad fats.
High cholesterol levels in the body cause the hardening of the arteries in your heart, a condition known as atherosclerosis.
So make sure to drink kiwi water daily to maintain optimal heart health.
● Treatment Of Asthma
Vitamin C is associated with the treatment of wheezing symptoms related to asthma.
So consuming plenty of kiwi water provides you with a boost in vitamin C and Vitamin K.
Children are the ones who benefit most from taking this fruit.
● Toxin Reduction
The high fiber content in this fruit helps in flushing out toxins from your intestinal tract.
● Increase in Metabolism
Kiwifruit has a high fiber content found in its skin and juicy flesh, so taking kiwi water ensures that you get all these goodies.
The fiber helps reduce constipation by promoting digestion and other GI (gastrointestinal) issues.
● Ocular Health
When combined with other fruits and vegetables with healthy and significant vitamins and minerals, the high amounts of antioxidants and Carotenoids in kiwis may help prevent eye problems and promote general ocular health.
The presence of folate helps in healthy birth, so pregnant mothers can drink kiwi water (Drinking water) to promote the fetus’s health.
How Do You Make Kiwi Water?
You will need to prepare the ingredients, which comprise fresh kiwis (about 3-5), water (cold/room temperature), herbs, and natural sweetener to taste.
- Prepare water in a glass jar or pitcher.
- Cut up the kiwi fruits.
- Please place them in the jar.
- Add the herbs or spice of your choice.
- Add any natural sweetener.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours for it to be absorbed.
- Serve in your glass for drinking.
You should store any remaining plain water in the refrigerator in an airtight jar. You can keep it for up to four days.
Although kiwi is a good fruit with a lot of nutritional benefits, it contains naturally occurring sugars.
So, drink it in moderation.
It is good that you limit your intake to 140mgs per day to maintain a healthy balanced diet.
However, sugars from fruits are better than artificial sugars because most of their sugar content is fructose, a simple sugar that is easily digested and released into the blood slowly; thus, avoiding the impact of sugars, especially in diabetic people.
The following are some kiwi in water benefits:
- Hydration: Kiwi is an excellent source of water, making it a great option for hydration. Drinking water infused with kiwi can help to replenish your body’s fluids and keep you hydrated, especially during hot weather.
- Rich in antioxidants: Kiwis are rich in antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, which help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals and many other health conditions.
- Supports digestive health: Kiwis are a good source of fiber, which is essential for maintaining digestive health. The fiber in kiwi can help regulate digestion, reduce constipation, and promote healthy bowel movements.
- Boosts immunity: Kiwis contain high levels of vitamin C, which is known to support the immune system. Eating kiwi can help to boost your immunity and keep you healthy, especially during cold and flu season.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Kiwis are believed to have anti-inflammatory effects, which may be beneficial for reducing symptoms associated with certain inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis and asthma.
- Kiwi skin benefits: Kiwis are rich in vitamins and minerals that are essential for skin health. Drinking water infused with kiwi can help to keep your skin hydrated, improve its appearance, and protect it from damage.
- Francesco Forastiere and Riccardo Pistelli: Consumption of Fresh Fruit Rich in Vitamin C and Wheezing Symptoms in Children. BMJ Journals. https://thorax.bmj.com/content/55/4/283. Accessed 27th May 2021
- Lovedeep Kaur and Shane M Rutherfurd: Actinidin Enhances Gastric Protein Digestion as Assessed Using an In Vitro Gastric Digestion Model. Pub.Med.gov. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20232890/. Accessed 27th May 2021
- Welma Stonehouse and Cheryl S Gammon: Kiwifruit: Our Daily Prescription for Health. Canadian Journal of Psychology and Pharmacology. https://cdnsciencepub.com/doi/10.1139/cjpp-2012-0303. Accessed 27th May 2021
- Mette Svendsen and Serena Tonstad: The Effects of Kiwifruit Consumption on Blood Pressure in Subjects with Moderately Elevated Blood Pressure: a randomized, controlled study. Taylor and Francis Online. https://doi.org/10.3109/08037051.2014.976979. Accessed 27th May 2021